- Don’t measure your progress with someone else’s ruler.
- Life takes care of itself and a lot of other things as well.
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
- Always believe in yourself.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Begin and end your day with a smile.
- Always be yourself
Month: Oct 2017
Note to Self:
Source: Note to Self:
God’s got this.
For the past few weeks I have been battling my own demons. Kept on thinking and thinking and thinking on and on again.
The world seemed to be crumbling on me. For the first time in my life I felt insecure. I felt way out of control in so many aspects.
I am someone who faces a challenge head on, but these few weeks have been hectic. Smiles in the public, but numbness haunting me. I really detest the way I had been feeling.
At times I would ask myself, When is it going to end? I really needed a break from all the crazy things that I had been happening.
Knowing that a relationship be it friendship or any other is slowly dying and not being able to do anything about it is the worst feeling in the world. I’d to deal with that too.
To cut a long story short. These past few weeks had been hell and the worst part I didn’t have anyone to turn to [Long away from home].
Went home last weekend. Took a few songs from my kid sister. Oh my God, these songs did me good, they made me realise something that I had almost forgot about, God.
Suddenly it hit me, I was busy worrying and thinking about a lot of things and not once had I thot about the Almighty.This song brought me back to reality Jekalyn Carr/ You’re Bigger.
Among the other songs which did me good are
- Mighty God/ Joe Praise ft Soweto Gospel
- Anthem Lights/ Good Father
- Voices of Lee/ What a beautiful name
I am slowly getting back to “normalcy”.
Never loss hope.
I know everything will be well again.